This section is a resource to enable you to maintain your continuous professional development. There is a section on how to organise it yourself with dental colleagues, and possibly enjoy it. Regular monthly meeting could fulfil the new guidelines.
This is the link to the GDC for your CPD from Jan 2018. It has a video explaining the new criteria, and a template for your PDP
Further guidelines are on the COPDEND ( Committee of Postgraduate Dental Deans and Directors) website
Peer review is no longer funded but is still a good way to meet up and share your working life concerns, and act as an informal support group. We use the following format.
CPD Useful Links
- Bristol Dental Postgraduate Dept http://www.bristol.ac.uk/dental/courses/postgraduate/
- Careers Advice: www.nhscareers.nhs.uk
- Copdend: http://www.copdend.org/content.aspx?Group=deaneries&Page=deanery_southwest
- Dental Policy Handbook: https://www.england.nhs.uk/dental/
- Local Courses: http://www.maxcourse.co.uk/swdentalpg/guestHome.asp
- Postgraduate Education: http://www.swdentalpg.net
- Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme http://www.sdcep.org.uk/
- CPD Education Courses: https://houstondentists.co.uk/professional/courses/